>Let me rephrase my question ....... which vehicles don't need their fuel
>lines or pump seals changing?
> >
> > > Does any one in the group know of, or have access to, a list or lists of
> > > vehicles including cars, vans and lorries, which can run directly on
> > > biodiesel? It would be really useful if we could have one info pack
> > covering
> > > all the major manufacturers, saying what, if any, modifications have to
>be
> > > made to any particular vehicle. Currently we ourselves are looking at a
> > > mercedes 307 van, a fiat punto turbo td (1999), a land rover discovery
>and
> > > peugeot 305. Any help would be much appreciated. ...... Paddy

Hi Paddy and all

Let me rephrase it one more - which vehicles DO need their fuel lines
and/or pump seals changes?

Businesses producing or selling biodiesel and lobby groups like the
NBB have to take possible liabilities and warranties into account,
but DIYers only have themselves to worry about and are prolly more
enterprising. Thousands of people all over the world are making and
using their own biodiesel. So far I haven't heard of a single case of
it actually happening. I have heard of old vehicles, which are much
more likely to have rubber parts, running for thousands of miles on
biodiesel without problems. I've also heard of vehicles having
problems from using unwashed biodiesel, but that's different.

So, do we have any real evidence that it really happens? Are there
any known cases?

Apart from that, this might be useful - "Durability of Various
Plastics: Alcohols vs. Gasoline", see Methanol:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me2.html#table

Best

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever