I use a 700 watt power drill to mix 180 litres of oil/methanol. It's
not an efficient motor, but suggests you'd need at least 5KW into a
300 gallon tank. 3 phase is more efficient so you might get away with
4Kw.

The milk bulk tank "mixers" I've seen are really only stirrers.
They'd struggle to get enough agitation for a reliable biodiesel
reaction.

I'm moving over to an enclosed tank with recirc pump. I could
probably get away with less power, but intend to use a 1.5KW 80m head
water pump. The ester is more viscous, but it won't be lifting more
than 3ft so should be well over rated. A pump should be more
efficient than a propellor, so I expect to get a violent mix. I've
also thought about using a venturi in the pump outlet pipe to draw in
the methoxide. The turbulence of a crude venturi should make sure
most of the mix happens in the pipe. Tank turbulence will make sure.

How are you containing the methanol fumes with your dairy bulk tank?

Dave