>All.  I live in California and am trying to spread the use of
>bio-diesel.  I recently ran into an issue:  The diesel fuel
>regulations that are curretnly in place and the new ones on the
>drawing board.  As I undestand them, the big issue is sulfur.
>Current Ca. regs allow 150ppm..the new ones go down to 5ppm.  Does
>anyone know the sulfur content of bio-diesel [b20]?  Is it
>determined only by the petro-diesel componet of the bio-diesel?
>
>Tx, Frank

Hi Frank

Yes.

Biodiesel is 11% oxygen by weight and contains no sulfur.
http://www.biodiesel.org/fuelfactsheet.htm
fuelfactsheet
NBB

Also, you can use ULSD in any diesel engine if you add a little
biodiesel for the lubrication. "Adding one percent biodiesel improves
the lubricity up to 65 percent" (executive director of the NBB Joe
Jobe). See Biodiesel Development Corporation -- Biodiesel: Cost
Effective Lubricity Enhancer:
http://pipeline.to/biodiesel/

The French add 2%-5% - mostly 5% - for this reason.

Keith Addison

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM