ADM was on the committee that set up the NBB organization, and convinced the
Soybean Council to forward the $2,200,000 used to test the one sample of
virgin soy oil based biodiesel that has been thoroughtly tested under Tier 1
and Tier 2 testing requirements of 40 CFR 79.

For a new producer, you are exempt from Tier 2 testing, but not Tier 1
requirements. The EPA estimated this testing requirement will cost about
$1,000,000.

The EPA contact person is James Caldwell at 202 564-9303.

Tom Leue