>For those who can stomache PDF files, 40 CFR 79 can be found at
>
>http://cfr.law.cornell.edu/cfr/cfr.php?title=40&type=part&value=7
>9
>
>When is someone going to publish this stuff in HTML?

It's going the other way. :-(

PDFs are real web-clutter, IMNSO. Clunky as hell, and there's not a
lot you can do with them: trying to move anything out of a PDF into
something more manipulatable is a ludicrous hassle. So the major
reason for having stuff digitised falls away - info in PDFs is not
easily reproducible, except in all its original clunkiness. And not
many full-text search programs can search them, so the other main
reason for having stuff digitised falls away. The third reason
remains, sort of - you can at least communicate with them, send them
as-is to other people, but they're obese. Another disadvantage is
that once you've received them there's no indication of where they
came from - seldom a url.

So what can you do with them? Print them out and read them, and
that's why their use is spreading. Seems most people, especially biz
people and bureaucrats, are only dimly aware of the three advantages
of digitized text, if at all. They keep their records printed out in
a filing cabinet, and trash the original electronic file (if they're
that neat). PDFs eat trees, and hold back business efficiency.

Keith

>Todd Swearingen

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?