So why don't we just put an initiative on the next national ballot to make "it" fair?

All those people in charge of formulating policy and rubbing the wrong way against the policies of other nations should be the ones to strap on the body armour and go toe to toe with their international counterparts.

That way the rest of us wouldn't have to be quite so concerned with others creating a tilted playing field and then forcing us to play on it. Surely, or at least almost so, they'd be a little more careful in the games they initiate and propigate.

Just add it in as a little addendum to ther job description. Hell, for that matter throw in a little hazardous duty pay to help compensate their wives and families just in case they weren't smart enough to keep from putting themselves in a position of getting killed.

Probably just about everyone would agree that things would be just a skosh different then.

Todd Swearingen

Greg Harbican wrote:

Excuse me?
You want to play the not fair game? How about: "It's not fair that hundreds of people dies in the terrorists attacks"?
"It's not fair that hundreds of children die every year malnutrition"?
"It's not fair that my son and daughter never had the chance to meet my parents"? It's not fair:
I'm 50% medical.
People go to bed hungry.
People don't read the fine print on the contract they sign.
The courts are overburdened with frivolous law suits.
Many people try and still fail.
Some people thought that the US military would always be on a peace time setting.
That people are human and make mistakes and decisions that affect others.
It's not fair that my wife obtained 3 credit cards ( and maxed them out ), without my knowing it, but, you know what? I still have to live up to the obligation, and have one of them almost paid off. It's not fair, that I have to sit around and hear people complain that, " It's not fair that I have to live up to a contract, even though I didn't think we would ever go to war and I chose the wrong job to be in " Sorry I forgot, It's not fair that life is not fair. Shall I go on? Who ever said the world / life was fair or that it was supposed to be? I would like to know so I could tell him/her that it wasn't fair for them to say that. Don't give me "it's not fair". They didn't have to go in the military or pick the branch or MOS that they went in. Greg H.