From: Keith Addison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 6/15/2005 9:28 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] BioDiesel on Spike TeeVee Trucks show

Hi Gregg, Mel

>Hi Mel,
>
>I saw too. I also taped it for future reference. I did notice one
>thing that Stacey failed to mention: Heating the oil.

Funny how they fail to mention that.

>I know that it's possible to make biodiesel in a blender from virgin
>oil, but the stuff he was using looked as though it had "been around
>the block" at least once. I'll give the show an "A" for giving the
>basics. I've not had any experience with the Fuel Meister, but I
>have read some things online that aren't flattering.

It's junk. The "instructions" (destructions?) that come with it are
also junk - "back to
the Dark Ages!", as some have said.

See (please do!):
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg35652.html
Re: [biofuel] Best Processer

"You could make an excellent processor plus more than 8,000 gallons
of high-quality biodiesel for that price."

If dear old Rudi would only put anything like the effort he puts into
promotion into making a half-decent bit of gear to promote... Don't
hold yer breath.

>Sincerely,
>Gregg Davidson
>

>Mel Riser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>Just saw the Fuel Meister on Trucks!

And they didn't drive it into the sea? Pity.

>They made a batch of BioDiesel and then put it in the truck and ran it.
>
>Pretty good show
>
>Now every Truck freak in the US will know about this.

Sounds like the notorious BBC Top Gear show of a few years back -
just add a teaspoon of turpentine and you can run your car on veggie
oil. Not! But a lot of people believed it, and probably still do. A
lot of them wrote to us, very boring! Now we're getting truckies
doing the same thing. "... if this fuel works as well as the "trucks"
segment said..." :-(

>My dad called me last week and some of his buddies in Louisiana (
>where I'm from) are talking BioDiesel and grease cars.

Well set him right, eh, Mel? Build your own!
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html
Biodiesel processors

And then just do it right:
"Where do I start?"