Hallo Friends,

Saturday, 09 July, 2005, 21:49:44, you wrote:

1an> Unfortunately  voting  Libertarian had nothing to do with getting
1an> rid of these extreemists...

In  order  to  be  absolutely fair and consistent I need to be equally
hostile to all political parties including the Libertarians.

I have been in a discussion with my wife's nephew who is a heavy duty,
factory  owning, dyed-in-the-wool capitalist and a staunch Libertarian
as well.  In order to understand his thinking I have recently read the
Libertarian  party  platform  and  have  concluded  that they would be
closer  to the truth if they changed the party name to "Licensecarian"
because  while they use the word "responsibility" quite a lot in their
platform I find little evidence of any substance there.

There  is  a lot of talk about individual rights but very little about
the  rights  of society as a whole. One interesting example is that of
the  unions. Individuals have the right to form a union but as soon as
they  do  they  have  no  right  to  do what a union is intended to do
because  the  owner  of  a corporation or business or whatever has the
right  to refuse to recognize the union thus making it a futile effort
in  the first place. "You may form an orchestra but you may not play."
That  kind  of thought is built in to the platform throughout. Sort of
Ayn  Randish  on  steroids and gone psychotic. All lettuce and no meat
and  potatoes  let  alone  beans and grains. To give with one hand and
take  away  with  the  other  is to do nothing. Social responsibility?
"Nice  concept  but  MY  rights as an individual are paramount.  Shove
off."  No thank you. We are our brothers (and sisters) keepers.

Happy Happy,

Gustl
--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
********
We can't change the winds but we can adjust our sails.
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth