Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:36:35 -0500
From: "Lamar Lott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] Commercial Biodiesel
To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>

thanks for answering Todd's question. But after making Biodiesel
lab-style numerous times with several feed stocks, I'm at an absolute
loss as to how any of this could possibly cost a million dollars.
Physically separating water, washing and drying tanks, numerous pumps
and smaller tanks with some heat exchangers-seems like a 4,000 gallon
reactor ought to make 10,000 gallons a week. Put several batch reactors
together linearly and it sounds continuous.  Are the permits and
regulations what cost so much? I've heard no question is stupid but I'm
feeling it! Lamar