Possibly. It could also indicate that your churning pump impeller is manufacturing butter.

Washes don't need the vigorous mixing that pumps generate. Compound a churning pump with long wash periods and an incomplete or even vaguely incomplete reaction and you have a problem looking for disaster.

Todd Swearingen

Thomas Kelly wrote:

I have pump-washed a 15L batch of biodiesel 7 times and the wash water is still milky. Does this indicate an incomplete reaction? Prior to washing I did a"shake test" and got clear separation with only a thin layer between the water and the biodiesel.
                        Tom