However significant or subtle one considers the passing or information to be, one cannot dismiss the fact that the internet has the capacity to transmit that information to a larger number of people than face to face contact can, at least until one  reaches the point of having a venue and an audience of large numbers.  I would guess that  Garth and Kim, and others who care enough to even be on this list are already doing both, that is posting ideas here and also in the minds of friends and aquaintences in daily life.

Joe

Michael Redler wrote:
"The world will never become a better place if you just talk about it online."

Wow! What a provocative statement.

If:

1.) The internet is the most powerful resource for information and research in history.

2.) That it's strength comes from the collective contributions of all human beings with access to it and a willingness to contribute.

Then:

1.) Can one quantify the importance of one kind of contribution (like an opinion) when compared to another (like a thesis or white paper)?

2.) Can one then quantify the influence one has on a cause or struggle, depending on whether or not it is done on-line or in person?

Mike

J Huntington Chase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Garth and Kim,
Maybe you should go out and educate some people to think otherwise.
The world will never become a better place if you just talk about it
online. Go out and help people notice their beliefs are so 1950s.
xoxox
hunt.