To keep the exercise "honest," as inevitably will all attorney's
involved [chuckle, chuckle, snot, smurf.....:-], Robertson's words,
mindset and progressive thoughts need to be disected precisely as spoken.

Unfortunately for him, he all too quickly took the excercise from the
realm of "ruminating" to advocacy with:

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that
we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get
rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to
have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

His intial qualifier to that statement of:

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination,"

doesn't suffice as a component of a "rumination defense," in light of
his transitional words to advocacy with:

"We have the ability to take him out,"

followed by:

"and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability."

Mr. Robertson negotiated what initially was a very dangerous exercise in
reason and came out of the curve full throttle, rationalizing and
advocating, in front of initially millions, and now billions, of persons.

The author Dean is perfectly right in his final conclusion. But he
unfortunately doesn't deftly identify where Robertson's "switching of
tracks" and self-incrimination occurred.

On a personal note? As if anyone cares... :-)?

Differing ideologies don't need to initiate "fatwahs," when houses such
as Robertson's and Bush's are egocentrically disposed to implosion.

Fanatacism, albeit under any guise or becalmed expression, remains
fanatacism, no matter the flag.

Todd Swearingen