It is one or more members of the list that got a
virus and it is going through saved email and
send to the addresses. It is a quite normal
behavior from a virus. It will pick both receiver
and sender, so it is very difficult to identify
the computer who sends it, other than with the IP
addresses. The list it safe, but it is a reason
for everybody to check their computers.

Personally I use Eudora, a free email client and
also in my opinion the best, since it do not
execute any attachments. Outlook is very
dangerous and also have some Microsoft handles in it.

I also use Norton and do very frequent virus
scans and it scans my mail. I never open an
attachment, I never open anything that is not
expected and I am not sure of the origin and that
it is safe. Even if a friend send an unexpected
attachment, I ask him before I open it. I have
friends who loves to send jokes and funny
pictures around, but I never open them, since
this is the sure way to get surprises.

Hakan