On Sep 25, 2005, at 7:15 AM, Kevin Bond wrote:

> As to the effacy of the device, I question it based on the statement
> [Biodiesel] "is produced through a process which lowers the
> viscosity of
> vegetable oils, such as canola oil, allowing them to be burned in
> existing diesel engines without modification" found under the
> biodiesel
> link on the site. Any one who has done at least a little research into
> the biodiesel conversion process is aware that it removes glycerin
> from
> the wvo and converts the oil into esters. Viscosity reduction may be a
> by product but is not why the process is done.

Actually, I think that's EXACTLY why the process is done, though
I haven't read and am not endorsing the claims of the site in
question. Except for possible deposits and emissions from the
burning of neat vegetable oil, there are few if any advantages to
biodiesel other  than its lower viscosity.

-K