Hi Joe;

Right.  The abstract talks about a relationship between higer voltages and longer carbon chains in the ester which translates into higher fuel energy content (cetane rating?  I don't know if that is equivalent I am no chemist).  I suspect the issue is more correctly related to  field strength than absolute voltage and electrode area and configuration is a dependant variable in this relationship.  I could be wrong.  I have designed a configuration which allows quick and easy modification of the electrode spacing and I also have developed a variable DC supply so I can control these variables. I can start with small spacing and low voltage, and still have a high field strength somewhere on the order of 15 V/mm.  I also want to control flow rate.  I am getting very close to being able to run a test.  Currently my reactor is in use with the traditional chemical process but I plan to use the same vessel for these tests.  I am planning to use the hydrogen as it is produced as an energy source for heating and drying zeolite which will be used to dry the ethanol used in the process.  There is a lot to do.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.  It's so exciting!

Joe

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi to all,

I was thinking that the most important thing in the business of electrically catalizing a reaction is the current flowing through a given area of chemical.  If this reaction is as fast as mentioned in the patent, then a larger area with closer spacing between anode and cathode and lower voltages should be tried first, before going to potentially lethal voltages.  I hope to do some experiments with this process to.  I will be looking forward to your results, Joe.

Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

09/29/2005 09:23 AM
Please respond to Biofuel