My good bio-friends,

I feel I must speak out in defence of Dr. Atkins.

It so obvious, by the tone of the comments here, that very, very few have
actually read his book. I have seen a couple of TV probrams where the Atkins
diet is put under fire. What they have failed to do in all cases isexplain that
there are 4 phases to the Atkins way of life.

My wife and I have adopted the Atkins way of life and we have lost 12 and 13
kilos respectively. I have to say - I have never felt so good. We have been busy
with our new life style for 3 months now and we are almost to our goal weights
and are currently in phase 2. I hvae only 1 kilo to go and then on to phase 3.
My colestorol from 9 down to 7.5. Yes that was high and it can be even lower but
apparently I have been blessed with the heart and collestorol troubles from my
mother and her father and his father. thus, it's genetic. I am under my doctors
servaillence. I was not overweight. I am 2 metres, medium build and weighed 94
kgs. I am still 2 metres and weigh now 81 kgs. I have an abundance of energy and
honestly speeking - have never felt better.

Please, educate yourself before you use your key-board and knock a good thing.

Have any of you ever considered what a low-fat diet does to your system?? Yet we
accept that as being OK. Hmmm.

There was here mention of no scientific proof and/or no references - read the
book and you wil see the pages and pages and pages of references. His

I, unlike the low-fatters, do not walk around with a hungry feeling all day
long, and in a body that tries to store every extra calorie because it thinks it
it is starving.

READ THE BOOK!!! Let's open our minds.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Arden