Hi biodieselers
I am here with my wife in our kitchen working on our first titration of WVO.
We have determined through heating a sample of WVO that no water is
present. We have found a soil test kit that has several types of
litmus paper. We did several tests of the litmus to determine if it
was still fairly accurate by testing a light solution of lye water,
household water, distilled water and finally battery acid. We have
compared the litmus paper color change and are satisfied that we can
tell the difference in major pH scales. By the way, this
experimentation is too much fun.

We have several browser windows open to the archives and conversion
tables for reference. It seems the first thing I forgot to collect for
this first test is a gram scale. We live 15 miles from town and a
hopeful there is a way to measure the lye without making a special
trip. Or, are we done for the day?

We have a decent thermometer, 1 beaker with ml scale, two syringes
with cc scales, goggles, gloves and lots of excitement.

Our question is this: Can we do this first step without the scale?
What else are we forgetting if a trip to town is needed?

Thanks for your help.
Brian & Nell Rodgers