Personally I have found cabbage to be especially useful in methane production.

Not very useable but fun none the less.

fred

On 10/21/05, bob allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
find a table of nutrition and add up the grams of sugar and carbohydrate
present.  Those are the fermentable materials.  (the carbohydrate
portion will require an enzyme, maltase, to make into fermentable sugars)

John Hall wrote:
> I have been trying to find out what is best used for fermenting cabbage for
> ethanol production.  Not much out there on the web.  Anyone have a
> suggestion?  The only thing I've found so far is for producing sauerkraut
> and ethanol production is minimal using those enzymes.
>
> Why cabbage?  Because there are 40 acres of cabbage in front of and to the
> south of my house.  About half the cabbage is actually picked for market due
> to size etc. and the rest rots in the field over the winter.  If ethanol can
> be produced from what's left then so much the better.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards;
> John

Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" — Richard Feynman