Brian,
Sorry about your difficulties but I really do not agree with your
assessment of JtF and the fine resource it offers.  Last July I was just
as Newbie as it gets and after I had my first crashes I started to pay
attention to what I read.  If I could not get what was presented I
researched it a bit and it came clear. (requires work)  As I look back I
really can't imagine how I would have learned it if it wasn't for JtF.

If you really want to learn this; become the student not the teacher.
Before you can lead men you must learn to follow.

Sorry but I truly think your statement here is unfair and unwarranted
criticism of JtF. If you find JtF so clumsy try some of the other
sites.  As for me I think JtF is the one that offers exceptional help
and it is also well put together professionally.

Wisdom

Jim