On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 04:42:43PM +1000, Doug Foskey wrote:
> Rafal,
>  congratulations on being part of the Samba team!

Thank you very much :)

> I am constantly amazed how
> many Biodiesel list members are involved with Open Source software.

I think it is mostly because biodiesel homebrewing and open source have
(among many others) one thing in common - it attracts people with wide
horizons, curious of something new and interesting.

>  A comment to others on Linux: there is now a move by the major Linux
> developers to standardise the way that Linux is seen by programs, so the old
> issues of differing packages for different flavours of Linux will then be a
> thing of the past. The common Linux desktop is ever closer.

Yes, many initiatives has been founded in the last 1-2 years focused
on forging standards and base recommendations.

--
cheers,

 Rafal Szczesniak      **mir[at]diament.iit.pwr.wroc.pl
 Samba Team member     mi***[at]samba.org