Thanks for the Jefferson quote.  He knew a thing or two!

Joe

Douglas Smith wrote:
Kurt postulates:

"Plus, wars of aggression don't usually result in the winning side voluntarily and immediately giving the country back over to its inhabitants; usually you fight an aggressive war to expand your own borders."

First, you assume we're the winning side, and I'm sure there are those that will and can make a very good case we have NOT given the country back to its inhabitants. That government is a flimsy sham and we continue to occupy that country.

Second, define expanding borders - how about expanding the borders of our military base placements around the middle east, how about expanding control of or interest in the borders of world oil supplies.

We want military control over the world for our corporate backers - a pretty expansive 'border' if you ask me.

Attacking and destroying a country that is not a threat to you IS the very essence of a war of aggression.

...and we're guilty as all f**k! EVERY American needs to understand that this is OUR war ultimately and we should own that, and stop the war before it destroys everything this country holds dear and creates even more death and havoc.

Then we need to do some very deep soul searching and some major work world-wide to attempt to redeem our sorry selves!

Doug