>Is there any way to later extract the NaCl from the glycerine, so
>that you can use the glycerine for other... shall we say nefarious
>purposes? (Such as powering a turbine generator, or similiar
>combustive measures to reuse your "waste" to feed the process... No
>I'm not stupid enough to try and go the nitroglycerin route, though
>I fear for a coworker of mine who has taken an interest in the
>process.)
>
>If you can do this, and Mr. Sharp's question about brine washing
>comes up positive, you could use the salt from this process to make
>your brine for washing... and then finally waste it through sewage
>or whatnot when it's finally been ultimately exhausted, instead of
>getting rid of potentially valuable products and also having to
>purchase salt for your brine.
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Peace
>-Kurt

You can use brine to break an emulsion, but it's better not to have
emulsions in the first place.

"Caveman Chemistry" previously had a nice description and slide show
of producing Chlorine, Hydrogen, and Lye from table salt, using PET
bottles, flashlight batteries, glue and stuff. It's not there anymore
but I posted the full method previously, here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg28376.html
Re: [biofuel] Re: Hydrogen Economy

Best wishes

Keith