Hi,

I did couple of tests on glycerin separation with the titration method
on JTF with different results.

Test One;
250ml byproduct
10ml phosphoric
shacked vigorously

There was separation with 3 layers about 60/30/10 within about 15 minutes.
FFa Glycerin and fluffy white sodium phosphate

Test two;
250ml byproduct
10ml phosphoric
shaked vigorously
I then added 5ml phosphoric
shaked vigorously
I added  more phosphoric  to see what would happen.

there was separation with In about one minute with two layers about 50/50
with creamy brown stuff on the bottom. FFa on top

I then added more phosphoric until I got separation of a reddish colour onbottom. this has being sitting for 4 hours or so.
In the jar there is about (40/60 (ffa/glycerin) with a very fine white layer on the bottom.

I made a mistake with the last mail.

There is a greater amount of glycerin in test two and less ffa

Could any one explain to me what is happening