Excellent Darryl;

Thanks for the post.  I'll talk to the alt fuels group here at UW and see what I can find out about what the research title affords them.  I know the solar car for example does not even require a license to be driven on the road.  I welcome your input from your experience with the registry. Also give us a recap on the conference when you return. I want an electric car.  I was watching the movie GATACCA on the weekend and it looked like a '70's vintage Fiat spyder that they were portraying as an electric vehicle in one of the scenes.  It inspired me to get one and take the engine out......what a classy ride that woud be.  Say hello to the Pacific for me and tell her I miss her.

Joe

Darryl McMahon wrote:
Joe,
I think there is some merit to this.  Certainly a description of the
rules that do exist (and proposed as we become aware of them) for each
jurisdiction with Canada would be useful.  It's something I had in mind
for the Ottawa co-op when I lent the greendiesel.com URL to them.
Perhaps we can co-ordinate something, even using three or more sites.
Let's talk some about this next week when I get back from Vancouver
(electric vehicle conference this week including hybrids and hydrogen hype).

Darryl McMahon

(BTW, I already maintain registries for on-road electric vehicles and
electric tractors on the Web, so I might have some useful information on
structure and data.)

Joe Street wrote:

I think I lit the fuse on this thread but I'm just glad it is still
burning! :-)    I would also volunteer to run a similar thing here in
Canada.  Originally my idea was just a kind of registry on my website
which is sponsored by the university I work for.  My idea was that cars
registered on my site could be claimed to be part of a fleet of research
vehicles.  That may be a valuable claim when the time comes that the
powers try to put the screws to home brewers.

Joe
www.nonprofitfuel.ca

Mike Weaver wrote:

I'm very serious.  I would be willing to start it - my real business
is to provide consulting to non-profits - I know how they work and I
know how Capital Hill works.
The primarly goal is to keep biodiesel-brewing legal and safe.
I envision a DC-based non-profit that would keep tabs on legal issues,
what big oil and big bd are up to, and lobby federal, state and local
governments on behalf of BD. users.
I also think classes and training would be a good idea.
Names?  More ideas?

-Mike

Kurt Nolte wrote:

On 12/2/05, *Mike Weaver* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]