Greetings Keith,

I'm going to try it on kerosene and if that works I'll know it's not the
stove.  I have heard from some other Petromax owners that there
may have been a bad batch of stoves.  This one does have a bad pressure
gauge.  I will call Britelyt and see what they say.

The BD I put in it was not winterised and came out of a cold storage
shed so it was a little thick, so I cut it with some dino.  It came
close to lighting - a lot of sputtering.  I heated the stove ring with a
propane torch.  I've been using the same BD in my car @ 50/50 w/ dino
and so far it's been ok.

By meths do mean methanol?  Do you think Isopropyl would work?

I hope to have time to get back to it this weekend.

I will write up what I discover and post it.

I'm not ready to give up on the stove yet!

Regards,

Mike