Hi!

At 19:36 25.12.05, you wrote:
>Hello Vaklin
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >At 18:29 24.12.05, you wrote:
> > >Hello Vaklin

> > >Some of it does, but it takes about 10 minutes or more to dissolve
> > >what you'd use to make a batch.

> > >No, and also it's not slower.

> > >Are you sure? People have said such things but when they had a better
> > >look they usually managed to get it for about the same unit price
> > >(though you use more), including at least one person in East Europe.
> >
> >Will give prices in BGN (native currency $1.64 = 1BGN)
> >NaOH 0.70 BGN without VAT;
> >KOH 2.50 BGN without VAT.
> >
> >Have found the place where can buy for approx 1.50 BGN, but should
> >drive 300km.
>
>Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get there in the end, everyone else did.

> > >Why give only an approximate figure for how much catalyst to use? If
> > >it's not accurate it's useless, or worse. You need to use 1.4 times
> > >as much (1.4025), and you also have to adjust it for purity. For
> > >accurate information please see:
> > >
> > >More about lye
> > >http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#lye
> >
> >I have wrote "approximately". Exactly the value is as you said.
>
>If all you have is an approximate value for such a thing then find an
>accurate value before you post it, otherwise you're just being lazy,
>and it doesn't help anyone.

OK. Will not post any "approximate" values
anymore! Only third digits after the decimal point.

> >For 250 ml fresh rape oil I have used 2.5g KOH or
> >1.78 gram NaOH. With these values I have got
> >excellent esterification in 1 hour and 30
> >minutes. Every time I'm awaiting 30 minutes more.
> >Temperature is constant, 58 degrees Celsius.
>
>That doesn't mean anything because you don't state the purity of the
>KOH you used. Since it's probably not 99%+ pure you probably used the
>wrong amount. We can't accept your claims of excellent esterification
>[sic] unless you base it on something real. Why do you think it was
>excellent? What quality tests did you use?

Will explain in next few days. Now is midnight and this will be a long letter.

> > >I think most people have the opposite experience, easier washes.
> >
> >Maybe .. Probably they use better water than mine from kitchen pipe.
>
>We use water from the kitchen pipe. People use all kinds of water.
>They get easier washes because washing after KOH is easier, not more
>difficult.

pH was around 7 after second wash, but some
bubbles in the water press me to wash two times
more. I want to be clear. First tests with KOH I
have washed with cold water, next with NaOH with
hot water. Probably the washing process can be
with the same quantity, but not extremely
difference in process speed, percent of
esterification etc. puts the KOH in far corner in my shake.

> > >We used NaOH for years and switched to KOH more than two years ago,
> > >we've used a lot of it since then, we live in a humid place and we
> > >haven't seen any difference in absorption.
> >
> >And you know every day real water contents? I'm sure KOH is useable too...
>
>Come off Vaklin, if there was any significant difference I'd have
>noticed it and I'd have said so. I said years, not just a couple of
>virgin test batches.

For me interesting is to do ester from fresh rape
oil only. Here I can't find reliable source of WVO.

> > >Conversion never reaches 100% completion.
> >
> >I know, but have read some documents where in
> >closed reactor with 70 degrees Celsius and KOH they has reached 100%.
>
>I might believe you if you provide a reference for the documents
>you've read, otherwise I won't believe you.

EthylEsterofRapeOil.pdf
This is the name of the document in journeytoforever.com
I can send you the file if you want. Link to this
file I can't give because I have downloaded all
journeytoforever site to my hard. Will be
difficult for me to find out where this document is linked.

> > >But you seem to have hoped for some odd things.
> >
> >No, just better self value for the product.
>
>Sorry, you're demanding some weird and unreasonable things from a
>catalyst and then giving it the thumbs-down when it doesn't deliver,
>and apparently blind-eyeing what it does deliver. That's up to you of
>course, but don't expect people to agree with you.

I don't force anyone to agree with me, just share my personal opinion.

>Hm.
>
>Best
>
>Keith
>

>--