Pure glycerin or glycerol (same chemical) contains only carbon, hydrogen
and oxygen: C3H8O3. All the combustion products are gaseous (unless
there is a little coking) so it should not produce any ash. The ash will
come from the sawdust.

High school chemistry *is* good for something.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada