Jan, Wouldn't you expect that > 500 ppm water would be picked up in any
recovered ethanol, due to even a small amount of soap production?  also
if the ethanol used is for automobile use, is it an  E-85 blend, ie, 15%
gasoline?  If so I would think that the gasoline would partition into
any biodiesel made from this alcohol source.  How would the gasoline
impact the biodiesel?

Jan Warnqvist wrote:
> Hello Bias Antonio,
> Ken is right, the NaOH dissolves a lot quicker in ethanol if heated. In
> order to make ethyl esters the quality of the reactants has to be high:
> ethanol min 99,5% pure and
> oil with a water content < 500 ppm and
> a stochiometric surplus of ethanol of at least 75% and why not 100% ?
> The economy of this is depending upon your possibilities of recover the
> excess ethanol.
> Good luck to you
> AGERATEC AB
> Jan Warnqvist

Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" — Richard Feynman