Greetings,
The local VFD should have an auxillery you can join.  These are the people that bring the cold towels, water and gatoraid to the firefighters on location.  Without these people, the firefighters tend to fall down a lot, <grin>   My local VFD did not have any cops in it, but you sure do get to know them.  This is where I get some of my oil, from their fish fry.  Although I am no longer a member, I left in good standing and they still work with me.
Bright Blessings,
Kim