Joe,

WOW! Great find.

I take back what I said in my earlier reply today about being too
costly, etc. From the data its looks like the ultrasonic might be
producing OH free radicals in the water and thus reducing the amount of
added base catalyst required, which in turn is increasing the yield and
purity? (at the lower frequency).

Also, 600 khz equipment was not around in my day of selling ultrasonic
equipment, 75 kHz was the highest frequency around then. Probably the
electronics were not fast enough in the 1970's?

I notice they are using two different frequencies, one for the reaction
(28 khz) and another for the separation stage (600 khz). The patent
claims an even wider range of usable frequencies, up to 3,000 khz!

Here is the US version of the patent itself:

Patent

I am not sure that I follow the math on claim #4!??????

-Mike McGinness