A back to the sixties theme with environmental musicians like the Rolling Stones, Bruce Cockburn, Paul McCartney, Sting and probably many other famous people (environmental artists) could bring a lot of attention to the urgency of slowing down global warming. It could be in the form of a huge concert or a recording similar to "We are the World".

Terry Dyck

From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Bring the Sixties Out of the Closet
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:50:56 +0900

Hi Gustl, Mike

But it didn't drift away. Some people did, a lot of them, but it went
on happening anyway. A lot of people didn't change, and a lot of
those didn't get stuck in an old rut either, even if all the Rolling
Stone ads were for Porsche and Bang & Olefson these days. It got
splintered too, but it never quite lost its cohesion, nor sight of
its basic tenets, and it didn't just moulder, it picked up new people
on the way. In quite a lot of ways it grew and matured. After all,
there was something there ready to happen at Seattle in 1999. And
since. Not quite the same as the sixties but not essentially
different either.

I think it made its mark on everyone involved, to a small or large
extent their lives were differently focused and differently informed
afterwards. It made its mark on everything, it's part of everyone's
heritage. (Even if they didn't inhale!)

And here we are in a global village discussing it, using Ivan
Illich's learning web, FCOL, and talking quite a lot about the other
superpower. The sixties isn't dead, it doesn't even smell bad. Too
soon to tell if it was (is) a success or a failure as alleged, but it
looks pretty good to me. It's about the only thing that does. Hang in
there, keep on trucking! Don't trust anyone over 30! ROFL!!!!!!

Not a bummer - happy happy!

Best

Keith