Andrew,

I do know that the zinc (Galvanizing) will rapidly dissolve in mild
caustic or acid. It may be safe enough for clarifier use if the entire
solution is between a pH of about 6 to 9, but I would use extreme
caution as any unreacted acid or base will dissolve the zinc and
contaminate the batch. Perhaps someone else can advise you on the pH's
of the phases at the clarification stage, or if they have tried this
before.

Best,

Mike McGinness