Hallo Mike,

Well,  Toledo,  Ohio  is  close enough to me to call it my neck of the
woods.   Oddly enough so are Detroit, Ann Arbor and Lansing, Michigan.
The  Nazis  came to Toledo and applied for their permit and held their
rally  and the people who didn't like the Nazis attacked them and gave
them  a  boatload  of  publicity and gave the Nazis the chance to say,
"You see what those people are like?  Just like we told you."

Perhaps  not  oddly  enough I have seen "right-to-lifers" attack those
backing  abortion  who turned around and said about the same thing the
Nazis  did  and have seen "peace" demonstrators attack their opponents
who repeated virtually the same line.

The  smart  thing  to  do  would be to give the Nazis their permit and
allow them their little march and stay away from them and ignore them,
but you have the idiot press covering them and reporting every burp or
fart  and  stirring  up people so they can get some "news", maybe even
make it into the national media.

I would guess that you will have the same crap there as we did here in
Toledo.  Ten, fifteen people marching for or against something and the
press  coming  in  and  stirring  up  a mess because they have nothing
better to do.  After all, nothing much going on anywhere. :o/

Happy Happy,

Gustl

Friday, 14 April, 2006, 16:55:02, you wrote:

MR> Since  "peaceful  demonstrations" have been a lively topic lately,
MR> here's what's happening in my neck of the woods.

MR>   I'll let you know how it turns out.

MR>   Mike

...large snip of article...
--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
********
We can't change the winds but we can adjust our sails.
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth