There is an auction going on eBay for virgin soy oil
that  has me wondering. The man selling it says the
lot is 4 barrells of oil totalling 232 gallons, 1700
net pounds. It is currently selling at auction for
around 25 cents per pound, or about $1.83 USD per
gallon. People are jumping all over this guy,
proclaiming what a great price it is, yada, yada,
yada.
It sure seems to me that at $1.83 per gallon, plus the
delivery,methanol, KOH, time involved, the reactor
cost and energy to do the process, cost of biodiesel
from this stuff will be easily approaching $2.50 USD
per gallon. Is there something wrong here, am I
missing something that will make this all worth it? It
sure isn't going to be the savings on KOH.
Can the expense and time of collecting WVO be worth
$1.00 or more per gallon of my time?
The more I think about this, the more I think I should
simply sit back, watch the fun and be amused at the
spectacle. Greg Kelly
Just search "biodiesel", it has a bout a day and a
half to run. You won't be able to miss it.