Todd Hershberger wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I would stick with the standard air filter.  The oily K&N might kill
> your expensive MAF sensor.  They are prone to failing anyway on these
> VWs.  The air flow problems are upstream when the snow screen snorkel
> gets plugged with sand, dirt and bugs.  You might need to clean it.
> That's all for the free advice today.

        TDI engines have a mass air meter?  Really?

        The MAF unit on my truck hasn't suffered any damage from the K & N
filter I've had installed for the past four years, but then, I pull
the electronics and swab the wire with rubbing alcohol whenever I do a
tune up.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind