From: Michael Redler
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Solar Concentrator & PV Modules

As we all know, there are a lot of ways to harvest waste heat but the one
that stands out in my mind is from a message posted about six months ago. I
don't know if this is a solution, but I'm definitely curious to know one way
or the other.

http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/msg59540.html

1) Oils are generally non-conductive so, the PV cells can be immersed in it
without shorting.

2.) Some oils can come with fairly good optical qualities - important for
passing light to PV and transforming light to electricity.

Joe: I remember reading your post about experimenting with black bodies and
it looks like you have a background that may be useful here. Maybe you can
chime in (if your reading this thread)?

Mike

[snip]