Hi Bud,
Please check these out, I am not promoting these sites but I can tell
you the $23 range is really good and that is what I use with my clear
water pump. One site has a demo on how a venturi works and is well worth
seeing, as you  can also see the Hyper mixing action in place.

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/7967/cid/2293

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi

http://www.misonix.com/airpollution/Mystaire/Industrial/Venturis

http://www.aquariumpros.com/p-KEN12VENT,PFvu.html