Kirk,

   The reason I bothered to post was to detail why I believe seasonal
burning, while it may have apparent benefits, is not "natural", as
practiced by man.  I would think the last sentence of mine; "Personally
I think man has interfered enough, long enough, we  can't fully
understand the role of fire in Earth's evolution." would have indicated
my opinion man can affect the environment, thus perhaps evolution?  Oh
well English composition has never been my strong suit
Doug, N0LKK
Kansas USA