It may be of interest to do a search on "low heat transfer generators". Also
Solar ponds. This is where a very heavy brine is in the bottom layers of a
square sided pond and very fresh water is on top, that is about a meter per
layer. Under the brine layer is laid black alkathine pipes and black heat
absorption material to transfer the heat to the tubes. A very effective
solar collector of heat and no conversion as the heat is there.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~cliff.hignett/solar/

Was so easy to make and run but it needed more funding, guess what got in
the way as with so many alternative fuels. The particular pond I was
fleetingly associated with ran part of the vineyard at times.

The heat exchanger on the ponds was a real marvel and for such large ponds
was very small, could all but easily be carried by one person. I was to
believe that the money was in the sale of the exchanger in the end not the
ponds. However as time goes by and Israel and other countries that were
developing such ponds might be back on line.

Initially for generation of power the ponds were using a CFC, thus the low
boiling point for equivalent in super steam power. As to heating systems,
there is no reason why these ponds can not be used for heat generation using
water with an anti freeze/lubricant as the basis.

Doug