I would always assume that adsorption requires clean gas. Biogas is not methane. It has hydrogen sulphide and CO2 in abundance and would have to be cleaned. Natural gas probably too. Filtration is much easier these days.
Perhaps our resident chemistry professor would care to make a comment.

Kirk

Zeke Yewdall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If it's like the hydride storage of hydrogen, you get it out of the "sponge" by heating it.  And when you are putting it in, it released alot of heat (just as if you were compressing gas).

I bet small contaminations (such as from biogass produced methane) would poison the sponge -- I know that the hydride storage tanks are pretty sensitive to that.

Zeke