Logan vilas wrote:
> I was not trying to say anyone is right or wrong. I was just asking if that
> was logical, because it makes sense to me.
>
> I also think that the "roots and shoots" probably don't use nearly the co2
> as would go into the seed production, but it is still potentially co2
> negative. I don't think the few plants we grow or that small portion of
> "roots and shoots" is going to make a difference. It took millions of years
> without the use of plants in any way to build up deep in the ground. And in
> the last 50-100 years we've managed to release most of it back into the
> atmosphere. On top of that we've greatly reduced the area to grow the plants
> that are needed to remove co2.
>
> An interesting study would be to track the ppm co2 from year to year in a
> sample of air.

this has been done on a daily basis in real time since about 1958 at the mona
loa observatory in
Hawaii.  and indirectly by sampling ice cores from both Greenland and
Antarctica-  the Core record
from Antarctica goes back some 600,000 years as I recall.  CO2 levels are now
higher than ever-from
this record.

Bob Allen, http://ozarker.org/bob