Hi Theo...I'm sure others will have more specific information to help you, but I'd like to direct at least some of your attention along political lines with these questions: 1) Are there any monied interests that might be trying to do same as you and want you out of the way? 2) Who hired the inspector and pays the inspector's salary? 3) Is there help to be had from the Inspector's employer? 4) Have you contacted local and state representation about what you want to do and how they can help you?  I'm sure the questions could become even more plentiful and specific along these lines, but perhaps this is at least a start in a direction that might open up some other ways of thinking about how to deal with developing this project.  Mike DuPree
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 1:05 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] Permits and lots of other problems

Hi everyone,

            I am currently in the process of helping to start up a biodiesel production faculty on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois.  We were making good progress to setting up to a capacity of 1000gallons a day. Unfortunately we have had a recent run in with the cities inspector. They have automatically assumed that biodiesel production it is a very dangerous affair and have sealed our building off in addition to mentioning that we have lack of several permits (which we actually have). What make the situation very difficult is the fact that either the inspector or the town we are in has any knowledge of biodiesel and its production. In addition the inspector himself is a very unfriendly and difficult person to work with especially when I comes to the site at which we are located. I was hoping that someone might have some knowledge of where I can find information with regards guild lines or laws and regulations on running a biodiesel production facility. By that I mean information on a federal or state level that directly addresses things like methanol storage (which we have only a very small amount of), biodiesel storage, and any other information on things like the use of certain processing equipment to fire safety. I have been looking the last two days almost all day and have been very limited partially because it is the weekend and the fact that I cant get a hold of anyone and because of the fact that everything I find has no relation to biodiesel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!