No offense, but there is NO such thing as a Republican anymore.

Most of my mother's family is (were) Republicans.  They favored:
Small government - keep government OUT of people's lives.
A strong National defense.  Currently, our forces are stretched so thin
Micronesia could invade us.
Fiscal conservatism.  We're borrowing 2 billion a day.
A business-friendly climate.  Two of the most storied companies in US
history are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.  Sure a LOT of it is
self-inflicted, but, as the head of GM pointed out "every carmaker we
compete with has Nationalized Health Care" it's not all the problem -
but it sure would help.
Keep the Government out of State's Right issues - like marriage...nuff said.
Beware foreign entanglements.

Of course, I belonged to NO organized political party - I'm a Democrat.

I used to cross part lines occasionally - but no more - race is too close.

-Weaver