Bob, Joe,
   I avoid both butter and margarine by using coconut creme, ghee, etc.
Organic, if possible.
   Joe, you can take an extra multi-mineral capsule to offset the leaching
from the RO water.
I use carbon-block filter followed by distillation; I take extra minerals.
The thing is that if
mercury, strontium, and cadmium are being leached out of one's body, that's
great. Take a
kelp capsule too to keep the trace minerals intact. And use sea salt. I use
Real Salt (TM).
   Herbs can be standardized during the extraction process. Not to worry
though as most
herbs are much more gentle in action than prescription drugs. Herbs have
been thoroughly
studied and their effects are known. There are thousands of studies on
herbs. Most have
been used for thousands of year and probably a lot longer than that.
Prescription drugs
makers will find what they think is the herb's active ingredient then design
a chemical
analogue of that ingredient. Since this synthetic analogue is man-made it
can be patented
and thus be a money maker, with proper promotion. But oftentimes this new
drug can
act like a monkey wrench to a human's system, even after extensive testing
for safety.Why?
Because during testing, negatives results are ignored or downgraded. Besides
contrived outcome
testing, there is the issue of the singling out of one component of the herb
and designating that
as the "active ingredient". This is just plain wrong thinking. Herbs work
because of several,
sometimes hundreds, of other allied chemical components of the herb. These
helpers all work
together in a synergistic fashion. Also, imo, the fact that herbs have been
around for millions
of years, along with humans and our ancestors, there could be some genetic
factors which
allow us to use these herbs successfully. But a synthetic analogue is
unknown to the body and
the liver will work overtime, trying package the drug for expulsion. This is
why almost all
prescription drugs are hard on the liver and can damage it. There are other
problems as well.
So, we end up with prescription drugs being the number three killer here in
the USA! Why
anyone would want to take these drugs? It could be because they're not aware
of any other way or think that herbs are unsafe. But the fact is that it is
prescription drugs which are really unsafe. We're told
that they're safe, if taken properly, and yet people still die, lots of
them. (There are herbals that're deadly,
but they're well known and no one purports that they're safe.) Taking herbs,
vitamins, supplements, essential oils, under direction of a naturopathic
doctor is a far better way to go than using prescription drugs. Herbs like
ginseng and ginkgo biloba are taken by millions of folks with no ill
effects. The FDA and AMA are out to discredit alt medicine and have been
doing their disinfo campaign for more than fifty years.  They use statements
similar to Bob's.
Some interesting sites:
Wikipedia entry  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbal_medicine
Organic strawberries stop cancer http://www.i-sis.org.uk/OSSCC.php