    -----Original Message-----
    *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of *Thomas
    Kelly
    *Sent:* Friday, November 24, 2006 2:00 PM
    *To:* biofuel@sustainablelists.org
    *Subject:* [Biofuel] Ethyl Esters (was Making Methanol)

    Joe,
         I got a bit discouraged re: the distillation of ethanol.
         I have plans for making a reflux still out of a beer keg. I
    think it will distill to 92 - 95% purity. A friend gave me a beer
    keg  .....   problem: It's full of beer !!! Got to get a tap and
    empty it.
I think your idea of a trap, containing zeolite, between the
    still and the condenser is a good one. Vacuum would allow for
    regeneration of the zeolite at temps low enough to be energy
    efficient and would not damage the zeolite.
How do we heat the trap? I'm at the beginning, middle, end of about a dozen projects .... some have stalled due to loss of interest .... I've got
    to rally.
"Time to get back to it! We should work together. I really
    want to get off the meth....;)"
Ditto Maybe this little methanol price "crisis" will serve as a wake-up call ... Good to hear from you
         Hope you're on the mend
                                             Tom