Hello Joe,

My experience is that I get about 96%-100% yield for the whole process.
In your terms 100ml VWO - 96ml finished BD
I wash 5 times stirring with a paint stirrer.
If you are carefull then you dont use BD during the wash. (at least you
should not)
What you loose is contaminents like soaps, exess methanol, free glycerin
etc.

The best advise to say for you is to practice, and info will come.
This you can read about for hours, but without doing it you will never
learn.

Everyone makes mistakes, that is how we learn.

Email if you have questions.
Andrew