Luke Hansen wrote:

>It's interesting that in this thread so far nobody has
>brought up Thermal Depolymerization...

    Oh, that's been discussed (and disgust!) here before!  Check the
archives, Luke.

>that's a pretty
>cool technology that's in its infancy, but has
>potential. There's a plant in the "bible belt"
>somewhere that's been using butterball turkey offal as
>a base material...

    The problem is not the technology itself, but the factory farm
system that actually generates enough "waste" for thermal
depolymerization to be practical.

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_depolymerization
>
>Anywho...BD proponants will no doubt have something
>negative to say about this emerging technology, but I
>think it's pretty cool.

    Please don't insult the collective intelligence of the list members
with such a simplistic dismissal.  Some of us have been here a LONG
time, and thermal depolymerization is old news in this forum.

> Of course, it's not solving
>out emissions problems, or reducing our energy
>consumption...which should be the paramount goal in
>developing energy technology....more for less,
>renewable etc.

    There's hope for you, if you really understand what you've written
in that last statement.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
"The Long Journey"