>It's interesting that in this thread so far nobody has
>brought up Thermal Depolymerization...that's a pretty
>cool technology that's in its infancy, but has
>potential. There's a plant in the "bible belt"
>somewhere that's been using butterball turkey offal as
>a base material...
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_depolymerization
>
>Anywho...BD proponants will no doubt have something
>negative to say about this emerging technology, but I
>think it's pretty cool. Of course, it's not solving
>out emissions problems, or reducing our energy
>consumption...which should be the paramount goal in
>developing energy technology....more for less,
>renewable etc.

You said it yourself, some of it. More important, it's not suitable
for small, local community-scale operations, which are the only scale
that makes any sense for biofuels (food, anything). Which, along with
Robert's comment about the "waste" stream it depends on,  makes it
less than cool.

Best

Keith