necessities of life shouldnt be available to exploitation by piggish folks-
  like the electricity corporations and natural gas.
  Nationalize oil!
  Kirk

  http://www.kfvs12.com/global/story.asp?s=6206504&ClientType=Printable
  Carterville, IL
Carterville man pays electric bill with 52,000 pennies

    var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Mar12,2007,6:14 AM EST");
document.write(wn_last_ed_date);  March 12, 2007 03:14 AM PST
                      Carterville man pays electric bill with 52,000 pennies
By: Carly O'Keefe
  CARTERVILLE, Ill. - A Carterville man wanted to give Ameren CIPS more than
just his two cents about the recent rate hike. He's giving them 52,000 cents,
by paying his electric bill entirely in pennies.
  Hancock withdrew $525 dollars from his bank entirely in pennies. It was a
large enough withdrawal he needed a pick-up truck to take it all home.
  He sent his payment to Ameren CIPS in six flat-rate boxes through the United
States Postal Service. But he didn't send nice, neat rolls of pennies. Hancock
broke open each and every one of the 1050 rolls, to protest his electric bill
that increased three times as much as it was this time last year from $193 to
$522. "When my bill came, my first reaction was shock. That didn't last long.
Then I got mad, and then I remembered: don't get mad, just get even," Hancock
said.
  If his protest helps lower electric bills, Hancock says, it'll be worth every
penny. "I just want to inconvenience them, and hopefully get other people
involved to the point that it'll be a hassle for them to collect money they
send bills for," said Hancock.
  Just how much postage did it cost to mail 315 pounds of pennies from
Carterville to the Ameren P.O. Box in St. Louis?  Hancock paid $51.61 to ship
the flat rate boxes and added delivery confirmation to make sure his penny
payment is received.