Hi Doug

>Good to hear, Keith. Have you ever thought of moving to Australia?

Yes I did think about it, quite a lot of good friends there. It was a
vague plan when I left Europe in 1993, and stopped off in Hong Kong
for a while first, for eight years, as it turned out. Lots of people
in Hong Kong tell such stories. So I never did get to Australia,
downright pity. Next move is westwards, imsh'allah, not southwards.
But it's only a small planet with a slippery surface, so who can say.

>With the
>exception of the government, it is a very stable continent! (The Government
>stability is due to our following a would-be-Demi-god like leader of another
>well known Northern section of another continent!

:-) Now let me see, who on earth could he be talking about...

>regards Doug
>
>PS: I have just heard on the news about David Hicks, an Australian citizen who
>has been interned in Guantanamo Bay for 5.5 years suffering alleged
>pyschological abuse, with no charges laid until recently, when he was charged
>with this new offence. He has pleaded guilty to the charge of aiding
>terrorism (a charge that did not exist when he was alleged to have actually
>performed the act)

:-(

There have been some really disgusting reports recently on US abuse
of their "war on terror" suspects. David Hicks might be lucky, it
seems he can still string two words together at least.

>I fear this is a major win (or possibly windfall) for the
>Neo-cons. Our Govt goes to the polls this year: I guess this will be used to
>prop up the Prime Ministers fear of Terrorism campaign.

Woe unto those who think they win from such things.

Is that really what you call it, his fear of terrorism campaign? LOL!

Regards

Keith